Saturday, March 29, 2014

Literacy Coming to Life






Last night while trying to sleep I could not help but think about this project. I have a clear vision and understanding to what I am creating, but I felt I was not conveying it to my audience in a clear way. I also wanted to make it known that I was not simply putting together written chapters into a visual form. I want my audience to experience a little journey themselves, just like the main character of the story. I don't have a vast amount of knowledge or technical skill to achieve more than I am able to, but I am pretty happy with what I came up with. 


Modern society is turning away from printed material and being drawn to material that has images, animation, music, narration, podcasts, and so forth. Just think of how many books have been turned into movies. Many people choose to see the movie, rather than read the book. This Visual Media course has taught me this, which is why I am utilizing this knowledge and created part of an adventure story to put into digital form. Using different media programs, I am turning each chapter into a slide-show type story. I am looking through Google to find images that fit the story-line. 
I am creating a not-so-traditional e-book. My idea behind creating an app and linking various pages to it is to create a little adventure for the reader. Turning a page is not too thrilling, but clicking on a page and being transported to a new place and then watching what is to come, that is an adventure. 

As I continue on my project and applying links to my app, I discovered to use the app via the internet is best by this link: http://h.fanapp.mobi/kaphrus. I will continue to repost this link as I blog more so it does not fall out of sight. 

Research material I have used thus far:
https://fluency21.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
https://fluency21.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

No comments:

Post a Comment