Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Visual Media Project

Visual Media Project

 Project Overview:
The purpose of this project will be to create an app that leads you to another source, which is the home to a story I have created. The idea behind the app is to draw anticipation for the viewer.  The story I will write goes hand-in-hand with the character I am animating for my Animation Independent Study. A synapses of the story involves an elfish girl who was born with the ability to read an ancient script that no other can. She goes on adventures finding scrolls with this script, until one day she comes across one revealing a legend. This legend reveals trouble coming to her people, and she is the only one who can save them. 
Research
Read: Introduction to media production: the path to digital media production, Making Media-Foundation of Sound and Image Production, research websites, analyze apps, and ask for input from viewers.
Timeline:
·        Proposal: Due by 3/16/2014
·        Write Chapters 1-3 and begin app: Due by 3/23/2014
·        Write Chapters 4-6: Due by 3/30/2014
·        Ideas/Music/Videos/Images/Programs chosen for each chapter and finalize design of app: Due by 4/6
·        Production week for chapters 1-3: Due by 4/20
·        Production week for chapters 1-4: Due by 5/18
·        Post Production: Due by 6/1
·        Present to others: Due by 6/15
·        Revisions: Due by 6/22
·        Final: Due by 6/27
Process:
I will create a basic app using the website http://www.infinitemonkeys.mobi/. The main path of the app will be linked to my Tumblr page, brittanybeek.tumblr.com, where I will add 6 chapters to a storyline that I created. I will be using Word to write out the chapters of the story. Some chapters will have imagery (drawings, paintings, digital art, etc) that will be from my personal gallery or web-searched images. Other chapters will involve music, or video, or a combination of all 3 medias.  In order to get the media together, I may have to post each piece in separate threads on my Tumblr page, or go to the program Pstory and paste that link into my Tumblr. If I am not liking the idea of using my Tumblr page, I will resort to making a separate blog page and link it appropriately to the app.
Sketch Ideas:
Traditional sketch

Traditional sketch that I colored B&W in Photoshop CS6

No comments:

Post a Comment